Summer time is all about very adorable sandals. After having your foot stuck in two pairs of socks with heavy boots, it’s a great relief to be able to throw on a nice pair of sandals and go on about your day. It also affords you the opportunity to show off your gorgeous toes and your fun toe nail polish. There are so many sandal options but there are some staples that you must have in your closet. Since you are going to need more than a few, finding affordable options is a must.
5 Awesome, affordable Sandals for Summer 2012
1. Braided Strap Sandal- Every girl know that you have to have a pair of black sandals for summer. They are the go to summer shoes because you can wear them with just about anything! These sandals feature braided straps and an adjustable ankle strap. I love these sandals because they take a simple design and funk it up with the braided straps. They only cost $11 at GoJane. If you would like some color in your wardrobe, they also come in a gorgeous dark turquoise color.
2. Kasa Cage Strap Sandal- These are another pair of black sandals. I always suggest getting more than one pair of black sandals because you are going to get so much wear out of them. You really don’t to be wearing the same pair everyday because that’s not fashionable and it will also cause your sandals to only last a short period of time. These sandals are different from the first pair because they have a cage strappy heal. It also features a single strap with a side buckle closure. The price for this pair is $9.50 at Wetseal.
3. Braided Thong Sandals- One of the sandal colors that you must have this summer is nude. Now this sandal is not exactly nude. It is in a light pink color that can be worn as a nude substitute. The material is faux leather and the sandals feature a high polish buckle closure and tonal top stitching. These sandals are extremely cute! The braided details just give it a very unique look. It’s a great option to wear with a sundress or out to the beach. The best part is that it only cost $7.50 at Forever 21.
4. Sun Luks Printed Canvas Gladiator Sandal- Another must have sandal color this summer is brown. The gladiator style has been trending for a while and it’s still very popular. Apart from the chocolate color featured, this sandal also comes in black and denim. I love the style of this gladiator because it protects the heel of the foot. It has a black zipper and it also has a decorative silver-tone buckle. These sandals are being sold at Target for $13.20. Target also has a special offer going on right now so when you buy one pair of shoes, you get another pair half off.
5. Shiekh Women’s SA- Shiekh is my absolute favorite store for shoes and they have an amazing sale going on right now on their sandals. The last color that you must have for your sandals is white. These sandals are currently on sale at Shiekh for $11.97. The original price is $44.97 so that is definitely a steal. It is a very unique style of gladiator sandals. It has cute metal studs going down the center with a zipper between them. The white color is so refreshing and like all the other colors, it can also be worn with just about anything. These sandals also come in Leopard/Black, Gold and Black. The other options are on sale for $16.00 so they are a bit more expensive than the white pair.
These are the basic sandals that you must have in your wardrobe this summer. For about $50 you can get five pairs of gorgeous sandals! Isn’t that something to celebrate? After you’ve covered all your staple color bases, you can go ahead and get creative and start getting some colorful options. Some of the other basics that I love having in my collection are silver and gold because they can dress up your simple outfits and they also make your jewelry options super easy.