Christmas is around the corner and everyone is concerned with how they are going to stretch their paychecks after the Thanksgiving mayhem and the many Black Friday sales. If you are like me and didn’t do your Christmas shopping on Black Friday, there is still hope. A lot of people think that teenagers are hard to please but that’s not absolutely true. It wasn’t that long ago that I was a teenager myself and I know that even though I didn’t always get what I wanted for Christmas, I was always thankful that my parents tried. Just because your daughters handed you a list of expensive items, doesn’t mean that you aren’t free to stray away from that list and consider gifts that are a little more pocket friendly. There are great substitutes for the things that your daughters think they just have to have and not only would they be ecstatic about their gifts, so will your bank account!
5 Christmas Gifts Under $100 that your Teenage Daughter will Love
1. Kindle Fire- Your daughter may have been bugging you for a tablet for a while and probably has been throwing the word iPad in the air, hoping that you hear it. Everyone thinks they want an iPad because it is the thing to have. However, iPads are not cheap. There are many other great tablets out there that are much more reasonable like the Kindle Fire. The Kindle Fire costs $159 compared to a $400 iPad 2 or the iPad mini which costs $329. The Kindle has built in wifi and a Facebook app, Twitter app, Netflix app, Pandora app and much more. It also has all the best books and audiobooks which was the original purpose of Kindle. Not only is it fun, it’s educational also. It is pretty much a win-win situation in my opinion.
2. Emu Boots- Another thing that teenage girls strongly believe that they need in their life is UGG boots. EMU boots are pretty much UGG boots for less. They are just as much a brand but you will definitely have less of a heart attack buying a pair of Emu than you would buying a pair of UGGs. You can get a gorgeous pair of Emu boots for $79.00. The similar pair of UGGs cost $155. Your daughter is not going to hate you because the back of her boots say Emu and not UGGs. She just want some boots, some boots that looks like UGGs and this fits the bill.
3. Paris Shoulder Bag- I am obsessed with purses and I like to believe that I know a good purse when I see one. Maybe you have a teenage daughter that loves purses and would really like a Coach purse or a Chanel purse or another of those super pricey bags. Maybe your daughter has not learned it yet but a purse isn’t about the name on the label, it’s about a look. The Mellow World Paris Shoulder Bag is such a gorgeous purse and it looks like someone that a celebrity would be sporting. It says I’m rich even if it only costs $44.99. Mellow World has a lot of other great options in that price range. Compare with a Coach purse which starts around $170. Around you already breathing a sigh of relief?
4. Cross Earrings- You’ve seen all the celebrities wearing gorgeous cross earrings and so has your daughter. Maybe she has hinted that she would love to own a pair. The problem with the earrings that the celebrities wear is that it cost $15,000. Thankfully, many cheaper brands have picked up the style so that we don’t have to break the bank. You can get your daughter some gorgeous cross earrings from Asos for just $10.55. There are so many other fabulous choices out there so that your daughter can look like a celebrity without putting you in debt.
5. Wedge Tennis Shoes- I am a girly girl so I’ve never really been a huge fan of tennis shoes but I adore the wedge tennis shoes. The celebrities seem to be loving them too. Of course, they are wearing Giuseppe Zanotti wedge tennis shoes which cost $600 and $1095. Lucky for us who have not gotten that status yet, SKCH+3 has amazing wedge sneakers which only cost $70. In my opinion, they even look better than the $600 Giuseppe pair. If you would like to shell out a little bit more, Report Nadja has a pair for $89 which looks amazing, Guess wedge sneakers go for $120 and Steve Madden has a great pair for $175. Even if your daughter didn’t ask for these, she would love them.
I hope you have a fun time shopping. Don’t get stressed out by all the requests and and the prices because there are always great options at much more affordable prices than what your daughters think they need. Merry Christmas!