Everyday life is hectic and we often don’t take time for romance. Valentine’s Day is a golden opportunity to slow down and appreciate the subtle joys of love. Whether you are wooing a new love interest or renewing feelings with your spouse, creating a mood makes a big difference. Consider 5 simple ways to put love in the air on Valentine’s Day or any other time you want to inspire passion.
1. Take time to relax and unwind. If you approach love with the same fervor as you do work, the situation is sure to fall flat. An aura of relaxation and comfort is sure to spark some passion. Go to a yoga class, meditate or simply take a few deep breaths to let go of the stresses of the day. Imagine yourself as the passionate half of a loving relationship. What would you do? How would you want to feel? What are the feelings you want to inspire in your partner? Dare to dream then make it happen.
2. Set the scene for love. Whether you intend to stay home or go out, make sure your home oozes of love. If you don’t have a fireplace, get a small portable heater that resembles one. Light scented candles and dim the lights. Display roses, strawberries and chocolates with a bottle of champagne or sparkling water. Include two luxurious flute glasses to serve the beverage. Turn off the television and get a babysitter for the kids. This moment is all about the two of you.
3. Dare to do something different. If you are always stuck at home, dare to get out of the house and enjoy a change of scenery. Go to a romantic restaurant that serves your favorite cuisine. Take advantage of the chilly weather to participate in winter sports such as ice skating or skiing. Watch a movie and snuggle together with a single bucket of popcorn. You can even relive the past by going bowling or doing something else you did together when you first dated.
4. Dress for seductive success. It’s time to get rid of that tried-and-true cocktail dress or traditional dress shirt. Women and men should update their closets to include a sexy new outfit for Valentine’s Day. Helen Terzyan, style expert at Hollywood’s Elegant Mart, stated, “A fashionable dress or shirt can make a person feel better about themselves. This confidence shows and puts them in the mood to pursue love.”
5. Make a new move. There are a wealth of websites and books dedicated to the art of love. Read a few of them and make a new move. Shake it up a little for Valentine’s Day and your partner is sure to notice the change.