It’s never too early to look ahead in college football, right?
Oregon has three nonconference games set for the 2013 college football season, and so far, the Ducks’ early schedule looks tougher than the 2012 one did.
Of course, keep in mind that Kansas State pulled out of a nonconference agreement with Oregon that would have kicked off the Ducks’ 2012 campaign; instead, Oregon had to scramble for an opponent, winding up with Arkansas State. And now the Ducks and Wildcats will square off, after all, in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 3.
So the nonconference portion of this year’s regular season would have been K-State, Fresno State and Tennessee Tech, filling coach Chip Kelly’s desire to play a BCS-bowl-quality team, a good mid-major and an FCS team.
Here’s a look at the three nonconference games Oregon has lined up for 2013, as well as some nonconference games the Ducks have set for years to come:
Oregon’s 2013 schedule
- August 31, 2013: Ducks vs. Nicholls State at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore.
- September 7, 2013: Ducks vs. Nevada at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nev.
- September 14, 2013: Ducks vs. Tennessee at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore.
- Dates and times of the Ducks’ 2013 Pac-12 Conference games are TBA, but they are currently scheduled to face California, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Washington State at home, and play Arizona, Colorado, Stanford and Washington on the road.
Future schedules (subject to change):
- 2014: Ducks vs. Wyoming on September 6 and Michigan State on September 13, both at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore.
- 2015: Ducks vs. Eastern Washington on September 5 and Georgia State on September 19, both at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore., and at Michigan State on September 12.
- 2017: Ducks at Wyoming on September 16.
- 2018: Ducks vs. Bowling Green on September 1 and Texas A&M later in the month, both at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore.
- 2019: Ducks at Texas A&M in September.
- 2020: Ducks vs. Ohio State on September 12 at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore.
- 2021: Ducks at Ohio State on September 11.
Oregon Ducks 2013 football schedule
Oregon Ducks future football schedules
Adam Sparks has been following Oregon Ducks football since 1990, and has written about the team as a freelancer since 2009.