Fitness has become the cure to the obesity epidemic that’s plaguing the neighborhoods of America these days. Every time you see an ad somewhere, it seems to be catered to gym memberships or new CrossFit workouts. It’s almost taking on a life of it’s own. Some people though, simply cannot achieve the results they wish for without the help of supplements.
Supplements come in a variety of forms and finding the one that works best for you is key to achieving your goals and contributing to either your gain of muscle or loss of weight. I have been experimenting with supplement use for about a year now, and believe I have found a potent combination that will improve your strength, decrease your body fat, increase your energy, and improve your overall health. Four things every man wants.
1. Multi-vitamin. This is an obvious choice. Adding a multi-vitamin to your diet will improve your overall health and boost your immunity. We don’t always intake all the things we need in a day’s worth of eating and ensuring you get a proper balance of vitamins will keep youe healthy and feeling good. Plus, the better you feel, the more likely you are to keep active.
2. Protein. I personally use whey protein and drink them as shakes early in the morning for breakfast and after I come home from the gym. Protein is a great way to rebuild muscle and is a filling meal that can keep your weight gains down but your stomach full. Protein is the building block to added muscle, you’ll have to take in half your body weight worth in grams to start seeing significant gains.
3. L-gluatmine. Glutamine can be taken throughout the day and it helps the flow and break down of protien in your body, giving you more energy and improving your focus. It also helps taking this supplement about 30-45 minutes before your workout. You’ll feel a boost in productivity and get more from your workout.
4. CLA. Short for Conjugated Linoleic Acid. CLA is a great fat burner that is all natural and found in the fat of a lot of foods you eat anyway like steak. The problem is, with your food intake of CLA it’s never enough to see positive and significant results. Adding this supplement to your diet can help you decrease body fat and it also promotes lean muscle gains.
5. Creatine. Probably the most popular of all the supplements and most controversial, creatine adds mass to your body. Though, one of the side effects is added water weight, you will see a significant boost in your strength and power once you use a cycle of it. This, combines with the CLA is a potent stack to keep your body in shape.
6. Omega-3. Another supplement similar to CLA. I wouldn’t use both at the same time, but you could alternate cycles of these two to keep your body fresh. These fish oils keep your mind sharp and your overall health in check.