We all know that it can be hard to come up with romantic and fun ideas for Valentine’s Day. Couples tend to get stuck in a rut on Valentine’s, anniversaries, or their significant other’s birthday so I have come up with some creative, romantic and fun ideas to make your Valentine’s a bit more special and memorable.
1. Set up a romantic vacation, go to a spa, or enjoy a couple of nights at a romantic hotel. Get away for a few days and enjoy some time together. You can go sight seeing or just relax and have a fun time.
2. Set up a scavenger hunt. If you have a gift for your Valentine or if you are looking to propose, this is a very creative way to do so. You can set up a simple scavenger hunt around your house by hiding the gift you got for your Valentine and then creating multiple clues that lead them from one spot to the next until they find their gift. Do something creative like this will show your significant other how much you care about them and they will have an amazing time finding their treasure. This would very likely be something that they would never forget.
3. If you are looking for a nice quiet evening at home or are perhaps on a budget, try cooking a nice dinner for the two of you. Open a bottle of wine and have a nice evening just enjoying each other’s company. If you don’t cook very often or if you are not good at cooking, find a recipe that you think you can handle and just follow the directions.
4. Go ice skating! Bundle up in cozy, warm sweater and mittens and have a little fun on the ice. You can hold hands and drink hot cocoa. If you want, after ice skating follow up by having a nice dinner at a restaurant or a quiet dinner at home.
5. For couples who enjoy a little more adventure, go paintballing. This would be a thrilling way to enjoy your day together and you would have such a fun time while doing so. End the date with dinner for two at home or split some ice cream.
6. Watch a scary movie. This would be the perfect excuse to cuddle up with one another. Grab a comfy blanket and some popcorn and put your favorite scary movie in the DVD player.
Need ideas for proposing?
1. While she’s sleeping or coming home from work, light some candles that lead to your favorite spot in the house or to the deck, balcony or backyard. For added romance have put some rose petals along the path. She will find you, waiting for her, with a ring in hand. She will be sure to say yes.
2. Feeling shy? Video tape your proposal and post it online. Tell her in the video how much you love her and how you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Follow through by telling her to go online and watch this “hilarious” new video that she is bound to love. A creative proposal like this will take her breath away.
3. Place the ring on her finger while she is asleep, right before she would normally wake up. Then surprise her with breakfast in bed or with roses and chocolates. Wait and see how long it takes her to discover her new engagement ring, then get down on one knee and ask her to marry you.
4. If you have artistic talents, make something for her that is essential to your proposal. This could be a painting, photograph, jewelry box, video or a song. If you make her a jewelry box, place the ring inside of it. You can either put the words “will you marry me?” in your piece of art or ask her after she’s had to chance to take in what you’ve made her.