Joe Flacco stats may not match-up to several veteran superstar quarterbacks in the NFL, but his five year playoff resume would suggest that Flacco has always portrayed a winning attitude. Even though at times, Joe Flacco seems un-moved by a majority of negative press that he has received from the sporting community, this in turn has been his motivation to become an elite NFL quarterback.
Joe Flacco has also received criticism from a few of his own team-mates – voicing their displeasure about his sometime laid-back attitude. All of the negative press that Joe Flacco has received during his five year career as a starter with the Baltimore Ravens has now become null and void – as Flacco will finally appear in his very first Super Bowl.
Giving props to the Ravens defense and masterful killer take away plays – helped Joe Flacco defeat the New England Patriots in a key match-up Divisional Playoff game.
1. The victory over the New England Patriots – help elevate Joe Flacco into an elite status. This was a feel good win for Joe Flacco indeed, by finally putting his critics to rest about his interception problems, and decision making in playoff games.
2. Playoff wins versus Divisional wins place Joe Flacco in elite company – due to the fact that his 8-4 playoff record, and 3 wins place him in good standing within relation to other battle-tested veteran NFL quarterbacks.
3. Leadership in the locker-room and managing the game is where Joe Flacco has taken a lot of heat during his five year tenure with the Baltimore Ravens organization. Indeed, much of the criticism has been unfair – as sports writers often have criticized his leadership on the field, along with his at times sporadic decision making that has led to key loses instead of victories. In defense of Flacco; through all that he has been able to endure, Flacco has always remained positive throughout the media bashing. Flacco has also taken much flak from his own fans, even among the rumors of a trade during his contract negotiations.
4. Stats versus victories in the NFL actually may mean much more to Joe Flacco at this point in time. One may come to observe that Eli Manning stats and style of play are very similar to Joe Flacco’s game play. Who would have thought that a young man from a small town Delaware college would be knocking on the doorstep of winning a Super Bowl championship?
5. Super Bowl appearances versus Super Bowl wins is what ultimately will decide for many playa’ haters if Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback, or a quarterback who could never win the big one.
Stat info link: www.profootballreference.com