Tension slowly builds in the day to day hassle, and now, it’s time for a ladies night. Time with the girls will surely help your mind and muscles unwind. Here’s a quick guide to the ultimate ladies night from food and drinks to movies and do it yourself spa treatments. Give yourself the break you need and deserve.
3 Fun Games -to kick start the giggles:
- 1. Charades -grab 4 slips of paper and a writing utensil for each person. Also find a hat (or bucket) to hold the slips. Have each lady write down a movie title, song title, place and person. Fold the slips and put them in the hat. Act each slip out with no talking and no props! Whoever guesses correctly gets to go next! Feel free to increase the number of slips or mix up the categories as desired.
- 2. Apples to apples -not only is this a fun game, it will get you more in tune with how everyone is thinking tonight. Never played? It’s super easy to learn and it’s cheap at any Wal-Mart.
- 3. Who am I -have each lady write the name of a person on a card. Without looking at the card each lady picks a card and attaches it to her forehead (suggest using stretchy head bands). Going around in a circle, each lady asks her friends yes or no questions until she is able to guess who she is. The first to guess wins the game! (This game can also be played as What am I or Where am I) Make things a little more interesting by putting together a small gift basket of spa goodies for the winner!
3 Revitalizing and relaxing activities -to help relieve stress and wind down the day:
- 1. Dance -dancing is great for releasing endorphins and “endorphins make you happy” So, pick out your favorite girl pride album and crank it up! The only people watching are dancing like Looney Tunes too!
- 2. Yoga and Meditation -after you’ve stretched out all those aches and pains, take a moment to lie back and focus on your breathing. A few deep breaths in and out through the nose will have you feeling restored and relaxed in no time.
- 3. Happy lists -give each lady a piece of paper and have them write their name at the top however they choose (the paper can be decorated around the name, or the name can be written plain -doesn’t matter!) Then pass the paper to the person to your left. Each person should write a positive thing about the person on her paper. This way, when the circle is complete, each lady will have a list of things she should be proud of!
3 Homemade spa treatments -for beauty that doesn’t cost a fortune:
- 1. Hair Mask -Blend 2 eggs, half an avocado, half a banana, and one heaping tablespoon of plain yogurt for each lady. Apply to hair working the mixture into the scalp. Leave in hair for 10 to 20 minutes then wash hair using shampoo and conditioner.
- 2. Facial Mask – ½ cup plain yogurt, ½ cup plain oats, cooked, 1 teaspoon baby oil, and a dash of lavender or mint (or both). Combine and apply to face. Let set for 15 minutes. Rinse face with warm water. Splash face with cool water.
- 3. Hand and body scrub – combine sugar, olive oil, lemon juice and lavender oil in small bowl to a thick consistency.
3 Quick and Easy Savory Snacks -filling, fun and delicious:
- 1. Chocolate fondue -melt 2 to 3lbs of melting chocolate in microwave (or using double boiler). Serve with tray of dip-able treats (i.e. fresh fruit chunks, cookies, pretzel rods).
- 2. Creamy Chili Dip -mix 1 (10oz.) can of chili with 1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese on stove until smooth and heated through. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.
- 3. Buffalo Chicken Dip -thaw and blend one large bag of boneless skinless chicken. In large skillet, brown the meet. Once cooked add 2 bottles of buffalo sauce with 2 teaspoons of cayenne, 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, and one (8 oz.) package of softened cream cheese.
3 Drinks – for a happy night and a hangover free morning:
- 1. Mimosas – a mixture of your favorite champagne and orange juice. Just be careful! They’re sinfully delicious.
- 2. Pear lemonade -use 1 (10 oz.) can of pear juice, 1 packet of Crystal Light lemonade mix, and 1 ½ quarts of water. Makes 2 quarts. For an extra slice of delight, slice an apple into thin slices or cut it into chunks. Place apple pieces in freezer the morning of your ladies night and use in place of ice cubes. (In the event of adding alcohol, apple flavored vodka is suggested)
- 3. Raspberry Seltzer -mix equal parts of raspberry Crystal Light, and seltzer water. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon (or lime) juice.
3 Movies -An oldie but a goodie, a knock your socks off comedy and an up and coming classic:
- 1. French Kiss
- 2. Bridesmaids
- 3. The Notebook