Poetry, a good old friend!
- Instead of switching on the TV tonight, why not reaching out for a poetry book? Read poetry out loud to your sweetie or to your children, or just to yourself. Drink a glass of red wine with it.
- If you don’t like reading, listen to audio books in your car, or on your mp3 player, or any other device you use.
- Play around a bit to write one poem yourself for fun about your day.
- If you have children, write a poem together with them about your family. Just a short peace, but one that serves as a long time secret bond among the family members.
- Children also like to listen to children poetry before going to sleep. You can use these dark evenings to record children poems with your own calm voice to your kids and give them as a present on their birthdays.
- Record your children telling the poems and stories they know by heart by now (they will love recording their voices, then listening back to hear how they sound).
- Take a dictionary, open it randomly and write up 6 selected words on paper slices. Take other paper slices and write one word on each that will serve as a “theme”. Invite your friends over and ask them to pull one paper each with the 6 words on them, and one paper from the theme sachet, then have fun and laugh on the funny poems you all come up with!
Stars shining above you…
Spending time outdoors will help you to fills your lungs with clear air, switch off form routine, and also increase your feeling of connectedness to natural powers. The best is to go out of town or up on a hill where the urban lights do not ruin the view. The more stars you can see, the more impacting this activity is. Once I saw the stars in the winter in Bialowieza, Poland (close to the untouched Forest of Hope where the last remnants of the European Bison breeds). It was completely shocking how different you feel in a middle-of nowhere place under trillions of stars and with a clear view of the Milky Way!
- As it is getting dark earlier in the winter, you will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy this free gift of the universe! Take a book of constellations on your hemisphere and try to identify them yourself, or with your partner while drinking hot wine
- Grab your loved ones, go until the sky is clear from urban light, and select a star for yourself that will guide you towards each other anytime when you feel lost.
Special movie / slide show evening
- You had the holidays of your dreams but you came back, and your daily life just swept away all good fun memories of the beautiful tropical beach or the mountain you hiked? Use the cold nights to organize your photos into a slide show, and invite friends or family members to share your funny stories and what you experienced back then! Best is to use a white wall and a projector for a special experience! It will recharge you again!
I love dancing. I like watching dancing, practicing dancing, I love everything about dancing. It refills my body with joy, with energy, I exercise, I laugh, I release stress, and I develop a sense of coordination, it is sexy, improves my postures, my body language, blood pressure and it is romantic as well, of course, sometimes. What an invention! There are plenty of different ways to enjoy dancing, the best is if you do it yourself, of course, but if not, or your health does not allow or is impacting dancing, at least watch a performance somewhere (even on You-tube), it will switch you off!
- But best if you do it yourself. Just put on the music tonight, be your own DJ, invite your friends or family members from the kitchen, or grab your wife for a slow dance, she will love it!
- Allow children to evolve a sense and love of music and motion. Sing and dance, why not? Spontaneous parties are the very best!
- If you do not like to initiate this at home, or you can’t do this alone, go out somewhere. There are salsa classes offered a couple of times a week all over the world. It is easy to get involved in salsa, because Cuban Salsa involves “ruedas” (a round dance in which you constantly change partners, so everybody dances with everyone), and not only improves your dancing skills, but also helps you find a romantic partner and new friends;
- Spiritual dancing or stress release dancing is also becoming very popular. Meditation centers organize evenings with music composed of repetitive rhythms and melodies that help you to relax and release frustrations.
But, if you like traditions and folk dance, or you like to rock and smash do that, break or street dance, modern, jazz, ballet, or soft romantic dancing along with good old Sinatra, just do it, anything that makes you happy tonight! Why not? You only live once….