The ice-skating rinks in Dallas-Fort Worth promise memorable adventures. Anytime of the year, people can go ice skating in Dallas, TX. Most people, however, head to these ice rinks during the winter months.
Here is a guide to the best ice-skating rinks in Dallas, TX.
The Galleria Ice Skating Center: Skating in a Dallas Mall
The Galleria Ice Skating Center, located in the middle of the Galleria Mall, offers public skating on a daily basis. Skaters can also enroll in lessons at the Galleria Ice Skating Center. Since the rink is located in a mall, this is a fun place to take a group for shopping, lunch or a movie after ice skating. Everyone enjoys looking at the 95-ft. holiday tree.
As open-skate schedules are subject to change, people should check the rink’s website to confirm the open-skate times. The general schedule is:
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Admission costs $9.00, and skate rentals are $3.00.
The Galleria Ice Skating Center is located at 13350 Dallas Pkwy., Dallas, TX 75240. For more information, call the rink at 972-392-3361 or visit the center’s website.
Dr. Pepper Starcenter: Ice Skating around Dallas-Fort Worth
There are four Dr. Pepper Starcenter locations throughout DFW.
- Euless Dr. Pepper Starcenter: 1400 S. Pipeline, Euless, TX 76040 (817-267-4233)
- Farmers Branch Dr. Pepper Starcenter: 12700 N. Stemmons Frwy., Farmers Branch, TX 75234 (214-432-3131)
- Frisco Dr. Pepper Starcenter: 2601 Avenue of the Stars, Frisco, TX 75034 (214-387-5600)
- McKinney Dr. Pepper Starcenter: 6993 Stars Ave., McKinney, TX 75070 (469-675-8325)
Ice skaters come to these locations for hockey games, figure skating, and free skating. These ice-skating centers also offer lessons, birthday parties and private rink rentals. Open-skate schedules vary by location. Skaters should check the Dr. Pepper Starcenter’s website for specific locations’ schedules.
Free skating at these Dallas-area locations costs $7.00 for adults and $6.00 for children. Skate rentals are $3.00.
The Ice at Stonebriar Centre: Amber Glenn of Team USA’s Ice Rink
This ice rink is named after the Stonebriar Centre of Frisco, TX. The Ice at Stonebriar Centre is Amber Glenn’s, a skater on Team USA, home rink. This ice skating rink in Frisco has ice hockey leagues, lesson programs and open-skate times. The free-skate schedule is subject to change, but it generally is:
- Monday: 10:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; 6:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.; 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.; 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Admission for skating is $7.00 and skate rentals are $3.00. On Wednesday evenings and Sundays, the rink has an ice-skating special for families: four admissions and rentals for $20.00.
The Ice at Stonebriar Centre is located at 2601 Preston Rd., Frisco, TX 75034. The rink’s phone number is 972-731-9600. More information is available on the rink’s website.
Kylie Burtner lives in Dallas, TX and enjoys ice skating at various rinks.
More from Kylie:
Texas Rangers’ Free Agents
A Skier’s Guide to Killington, VT