Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15-oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 (15-oz) can rinsed and drained beans: cannelloni, kidney, garbanzo, black; use any one or a combo
- 1 (15-oz) Tomato Sauce
- 48-64 oz Reduce Sodium Beef Stock
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 6 oz Ditalini Pasta
- 3 Zucchinis, chopped
- 1 Parmesan Cheese Rind (optional), plus more for serving
In a large pot over high heat add in olive oil and ground beef, cook until beef has browned. Turn the heat to a medium high and add in the onions, garlic, celery and carrots; sauté until onions are translucent.
To the vegetable and meat mixture add in the diced tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, beef stock. (The consistency of the soup will depend on how much stock is added.) Then add in the basil, chili powder, cayenne pepper and Parmesan cheese rind; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Add in the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and cook for another 3 minutes then taste to see if more seasoning is needed. Serve soup with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!