This mini basket of clothes is a fun and whimsical piece to add to your laundry decor. This basket of clothes is so much fun to make, and it is a great conversation piece that is sure to get a lot of compliments. Your laundry basket would look great on a shelf, or placed on a runner laid across your washer and dryer. If you choose to use an open weave basket for this laundry decor piece, you could hang it on a wall or door. Make this baskets of clothes for a friend’s housewarming gift, and it will definitely put on a smile on their face.
Basket of Clothes
- Small wicker basket with side handles
- Piece of foam
- Piece of batting
- Mini piece of wood (approximately 1 1/2″ x 1 3/4″)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Small pieces of fabric
- Small piece of gray felt
- Black marker
- Small piece of lace
- Glue a piece of foam so that it fits snug inside the basket, then glue it to the inside of the basket.
- Glue a piece of batting on the top of the foam and insides of the basket.
- Cut a few small sock shapes from your piece of felt. You could also use a small sock stencil as a guide if you don’t want draw them freehand.
- Cut various shapes and sizes from your pieces of fabric and lace.
- On your piece of wood write the words “Laundry Soap” with your black marker. To add to the whimsy of your laundry decor piece, personalize it by adding your name above the words “Laundry Soap.” Now add any little drawings or markings on your detergent box to decorate the box.
- Glue a couple pieces of fabric with the edges hanging over the side to the center of your laundry basket.
- Glue your socks to around the basket with a couple of them sticking up from the sides of the basket.
- Glue your box of soap on top of your clothes at the center of your laundry basket.
The fun thing about this project is you can keep adding to the basket to make it as ornate or simple as you would like. Another fun option that I have added before is a couple wire hangers made from florist wire. Lay the wire flat, then have the sides of the wire come up at an angle. Twist the wire ends together. Make a hook shape from the ends, then glue the hangers to the inside of the basket. The creative ideas are endless when it comes to making this whimsical basket of clothes for your laundry decor.