Like a beautiful Christmas ornament, you too can rock sparkles this season. There is no need to banish sequins to the dark. When the winter cold hits, we could all use a little cheering so do your part and rock those shiny bits! As a fashion blogger on a budget, being able to re-purpose some of my favorite nighttime pieces for casual day wear is fun and practical.
The secret is all in how you style your cocktail hour favorites. Consider the following outfit ideas and get ready to be a beacon of style this season.
Sequined skirt: This classic Nine West black sequined skirt provides a perfect base for a glamorous look in the evening, but can just as easily pull off a relaxed look in the daytime.
- Look #1: Pair with a graphic tee, a denim jacket and then add a ball cap and a pair of basic Converse All Stars.
- Look #2: Fleecy tights can cover your legs if it is chilly and a gray sweatshirt can fill in for the denim jacket.
Sequined tank top: Luckily sequined tank tops like this BKE Boutique Sequined Tank can be restyled several different ways. The sparkly bits complement eyes and create a focal point that cannot be beat.
- Look #1: Slip into your favorite sequined tank and then add a cozy wrap sweater and a pair of jeans. You will be shining from within! Black boots and a pair of shiny stud earrings add just a touch of glam to this casual look.
- Look #2: Pair a sequined tank with wide leg pants and platform canvas shoes. Pull on a vest to tone down the bling and help tie your outfit together. Since this leaves your arms exposed still, add a fitted blazer to finish the dressy casual daytime look.
Sequined jacket: This Calvin Klein Sequined Jacket may be a little over one hundred dollars, but you will definitely get your money’s worth. Tuxedo-inspired design, this jacket can be paired with black shorts and heels for a fabulous evening look, or slipped over your LBD for a touch of menswear inspired glam. But you do not have to wait for an event to pull it out.
- Look #1: Go back to your shorts for this look, but instead of choosing the high-waist dressy pair, reach for grey wool or other heavy material. Slip on a turtle neck, thick black tights and slide into your go-to riding boots. Adding the sparkly sequined jacket will definitely dress up the look, but not enough to be inappropriate.
- Look #2: Your beat up jeans and graphic tee never looked quite as good as when covered with a sequined tuxedo jacket. Add a scarf to both literally and figuratively tie the pieces together.
Overall, the contrast between sequins and your favorite casual wear creates a funky feel that will surely put pep in your step.
More by Sylvie Branch:
Pairing Boots With Dresses: A Style Guide
Rock Those Cords: Tips on How to Wear Corduroy Pants
Welcome Snowflakes With White Jeans