Bridal fashions can change just as quickly as other styles and trends, so it’s important to make sure your wedding look is up-to-date. If you’re a summer 2012 bride-to-be, congratulations! Before you walk down that aisle, make sure your beauty is on point with this guide to the latest trends in bridal makeup for the season.
The Right Shades
This summer’s color palette is all about shimmery neutrals and bold colors. For brides, that translates into an overall neutral look with a pop of color on the lips or eyes. Beauty experts at Elle recommend the following color options for your look (not all together, of course!):
- For the eyes, look to golds, silvers, and earth tones. Black liquid liner is a good choice to highlight the lash lines and add definition, but don’t go too overboard on eye shadow colors.
- For the cheeks, opt for pink or peach shades in reasonable amounts (don’t overdo it!) on the apples of the cheeks. You can add a touch of bronzer for a nice glow if you choose.
- For lips, pick a shade that’s right for you from light pink or nude to a bright coral, red, or fuschia tone. Bold is in for lips, so pair bright lipstick with a neutral eye for a dramatic evening wedding, if you dare!
A Proper Foundation
While a good foundation will help your makeup stay in place for longer, you’ll want to avoid that cakey look. Skip the professional-grade stage makeup and choose a more natural look for the big day. Try a test run beforehand and have one of your ‘maids take photos of you, just so you can be sure you’re makeup won’t show up as a heavy film in the pictures! Look for a good loose powder to brush over your makeup and help set your look–this is a great “invisible” way to keep your face in place all day.
One beauty trend you’d be remiss to skip out on is the big lashes look. As recommended at the Art of Bridal Beauty website, lashes are big and bold this summer. That doesn’t mean you have to get adhesive false lashes if you don’t want to, it just means you need a powerful mascara. Pick one that’s water-resistant (for those tears) while also lifting and separating those lashes. To get a bigger look, start your routine with a lash curler and a coating of eyelash primer. Capture the big lash look for unparalleled glamor in your wedding pics.
Timeless Is Always In
Being “in style” for your wedding isn’t about wearing the wildest eye makeup to hit the recent runway. Rather, it’s all about finding classic, timeless styles that accentuate your natural beauty. As it turns out, a timeless look is always in style, says Elle magazine. Imagine looking at your photos in 10 to 20 years and cringing at that caked-on layer of glitter! Instead, opt for a slight amount of shimmer on the cheek or brow bone areas just to highlight your natural glow.
- Art of Bridal Beauty by Aradia. Bridal Beauty Trends — Spring/Summer 2012
- Elle Canada. Summer 2012 bridal makeup trends: How to create your wedding day beauty look.
- Spring 2011 Bridal Makeup Trends
- Beauty Trend: Shop for Glitter Makeup.
- Make Your Make-Up Last Longer