They say that laughter is the best medicine. Those of us with any type of Chronic Pain Syndrome know that morphine is the best medicine, but laughter is right up there with it. Fibromyalgia comes under that CPS heading, but with a whole lot more to deal with besides the pain. But it ain’t all bad. There are some good points to FMS…
1) Saves Money – Due to the Fibro Fog + Short term memory loss you don’t have to buy so many new books. You can just keep reading one or two over and over and over…
2) Self Defense – Canes are not only a great fashion accessory, they double as a weapon as well. I’m not even talking about the canes that have a nifty hidden sword (although those are also cool) but your regular every day kinda cane. It is wonderful for bapping hooligans upside the head. Dang whippersnappers anyway…
3) Great Shopping Excuse – Due to medication side-effects, lack of exercise, and cortisol imbalances you will either be gaining or losing weight like crazy. This means a solid excuse to go clothes shopping any time you like.
4) Saves More Money – if you do happen to get your weight back under control it will be like a whole new boutique in your wardrobe since you won’t remember any of those older clothes you had packed away. Score!
5) Amusement Parks – With your handicapped status you get nifty entry discounts, and you get to cut the line for rides. No more waiting for hours to get on the latest, greatest rides. You may not be able to handle those cool rides any longer, but it’s the principle of the thing.
6) Handicap Parking – Need I say more?
7) Special Treatment – I travel as much as possible, so this is a serious boon to me. Just call ahead to the airport and they will have a wheelchair waiting for your arrival, complete with someone to push it for you. Additionally, this will enable you to cut to the front of the security line. Oh yeah. That’s what I’m talkin’ about.
8) Less Housework – You may prefer a spotless house, but you probably don’t like the work it takes to keep it that way. No worries! You now have a built-in, bonafide, true excuse for that dust building up in the curio cabinet. Fibro also gives you ammunition in that battle to hire a housekeeper. Aaaand… the bed can remain unmade because you’ll just be crawling back into it anyway.
9) Skipping Get-togethers – Oh you know you want to. You may have a difficult time telling people ‘No,’ but you can skip the dinners with boring neighbors anyway because even if you did remember, you can say you didn’t. Fibro Fog to the rescue.
10) Less Cooking – You cannot stand up longer than a minute or two to stir that sauce. You cannot keep bending to check the oven. You are lucky to recall what time you put those noodles on to boil. Yeah. Let’s get some pizza delivery! Booya!