Top Ten Tips For Saving Money With Coupons
If you’re a newbie to saving money at grocery stores with household and grocery coupons stories from the Krazy Coupon Lady and Extreme Couponing can make it seem like a daunting and impossible task but it’s not! It’s easy to get started saving money and as you get more familiar with the process you too can start saving $100s of dollars a year coupon clipping grocery coupons and house hold items!
To get you started saving money with coupons here are Coupons Curator’s Top Ten curated tips!
1. Subscribe to your local Sunday newspaper! This is the easiest source for grocery coupons. Most Sunday newspapers come with two local coupon booklets as well as circulars on your local grocery stores with their weekly sales!
2. Print Coupons Online! CouponsCurator.com is your #1 source for collecting printable grocery coupons! Go to My Savings Center to get started. Clip coupons on items you already buy and print them all when you’re ready! There are over 200 household and grocery coupons on Coupons Curator and you could save $200+ just by printing coupons!!
3. Get a coupon organizer often times the accordion style ones can be found at Dollar Tree! Alternatively build a binder with baseball card inserts as seen on the Krazy Coupon Lady’s website and organize your coupons by category. I use a combination of both. I have credit card sized plastic sleeves that I put all clipped and printable grocery coupons in and then add to my accordion organizer. The sleeves keep the coupons intact, tear free and easy to scan through until I’m ready to use!
4. Organize your household and grocery coupons! Either by category or expiration date or both! Organizing your coupons by category makes it easier to find out where you can get the best deals. If you have coupons for General Mills and Kellogg’s you can compare your coupons at the grocery stores with store sales to see which the best value is that week!
5. Don’t buy something you don’t need just because you have a coupon! Coupons originated as a marketing tool for businesses to encourage you to buy their products and it works! However don’t just buy something at grocery stores you don’t need because you have a coupon as you’re not saving!
6. Combine clipped and printable grocery coupons with grocery stores sale prices is a great way to try new products! Although as written in #5 you shouldn’t buy something you don’t need that doesn’t mean you can’t ever try new things. Often time’s new products are introduced to a grocery stores at a much lower price to get you to buy it then they hook you and shoot the price up. Manufacturers will often release coupons on new products at the same time so you can double your savings! You can combine sales prices and coupons at any time on any product it’s like coupon doubling (almost impossible in California).
7. Trade clipped and printable grocery coupons with family and friends! If you know someone who is an avid coupon saver as you meet up and exchange coupons! Sometimes you might be lucky enough to get a duplicate insert or duplicate printable grocery coupons online this is perfect for exchanging with your friends who may have a coupon you can use that they have double of or won’t use to purchase!
8. Our next tip is from Good Housekeeping! The end of the year is already my favorite time because of all the holidays and here’s another reason to celebrate!
Stock up after Thanksgiving. There is more food coupons issued in Nov & Dec than any other month! Combined with pre and post-holiday sales, the end of the year is top for saving!
9. Catalina’s! These are those funny coupons you get with your grocery receipt – don’t throw them away! Often times the Catalina’s are based on products you already purchase so make sure you check them first!
10. Look out for peelable stickers on food items you already purchase! Just recently I found one on a tub of sour cream that was for 30c off any dairy item marked “real California milk”. Combine that with $1.00 off sour cream coupon and that’s a savings of $1.30 on the same product!
Start saving now and get your free printable grocery coupons from My Savings Center