Planning a budget wedding? Good girl–you’re smart. You’re doubtless looking for cheap wedding dresses. I’m the bargain-minded bride’s go-to gal for bridal gowns under $100. Some online vendors offer free shipping, too. Check these sources for a cheap wedding dress.
* Prom dress and bridesmaid dress section: When I got married 25 years ago, I was the quintessential budget bride. I checked our local (very pricey) wedding boutique just for fun. I found my perfect dress, but was certain it would be out of my price range. I when floored when the clerk said “$170. And that includes the veil and hoop skirt.” Turns out, it was actually a white prom dress. In your cheap wedding dress quest, check bridesmaid dresses, too. Some come in white or ivory to be dyed later.
* Closeout styles and last-season dresses: My cheap bridal gown (prom dress) was a closeout from the previous season. But we budget-minded brides don’t care about that. Unless you’re a royal, no one knows or cares what season your gown came out. Always head to the back of the store to find bargain racks.
* Unique-Vintage.com: For cheap wedding dresses, put this outlet on your must-visit list. To save big, consider a knee-length or tea-length wedding dress instead of a formal floor-length gown. Short wedding dresses start at $40. If you’ve got your heart set on full-length, there are several cheap bridal gowns under $100.
* Etsy: This is a great place to get used and new cheap wedding dresses. The best bargains seem to be listed under “ballerina wedding dresses” and “handmade wedding dresses.” But don’t limit your search. Sort by lowest price and try different search terms.
* Ballet supplies stores: If you’re looking for cheap wedding dresses well under $100 and you don’t mind a little non-conformity, check a dance supplier. Discount Dance Supply is one of the largest. Dresses are shown in color but are usually available in white. Or maybe you want a non-traditional color. Check the “performance wear” and “tutus and skirts” pages, too. A leotard with full tulle skirt makes a breath-taking wedding dress. Check dance suppliers for creative, not-your-mother’s wedding dress ideas.
* Secondhand and consignment shops: Don’t overlook the cheap wedding dresses at your local thrift shop. Shop Goodwill is an online bidding site, like eBay. You can get a used bridal dress for under $20 plus shipping. Speaking of eBay, look there and Craigslist for cheap bridal gowns.
* Deb: This clothing store carries a full line of cheap prom dresses that could be used as wedding dresses. Check the off-season clearances and sales,
Now, you smart bride you, bank your dress savings for married life expenses. Or treat yourself and your groom to a fabu honeymoon!